Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Friday, July 4, 2014

Red, White And Blue Anyone?

Happy Independence Day!  Prepare yourself for an influx of patriotic photos tomorrow once I capture everyone's outfits on film.  

I find that as I cycle day after day from place to place, certain rides stand out from the rest and certain cities hold a special place in my heart.  

- the last ten miles of the ride into Santa Fe were magical 

- the ride day from Witchita Falls to Altus was a breeze with massive tail winds for the entire ride and gorgeous, open land

- the rolling hills going into Defuniak Springs were tough and rewarding 

I bring up this concept of favorites because yesterday just became my favorite day thus far on Bike & Build. 

• My riding buddy, Josiah, and I got to the host minutes before the heavens openned up on my teammates, all of whom were still on the road.  


• My parents surprised me and flew out to the area so I will have the pleasure of seeing them over the next couple days.  

• We climbed 1000 feet within the first ten miles and it felt fantastic to be rocketing up those inclines.  


• The team and I got to eat real food at a real establishment.  




• Finally, Blue Harbor Bank of Mooresville NC who was a really great help to my fundraising campaign sent me an awesome package! 


I am ready to sport the patriotic paraphernalia, eat the yummy almonds and chocolate-covered pomegranate, wear the warm socks and drink the Starbucks insta-packs.  

Thanks so much to Blue Harbor and my parents for helping make yesterday such a wonderful and memorful day.  And on a larger scale, thanks to everyone who has helped make this amazing trip such a fantastic experience that I know I will always treasure and remember.  

No comments:

Post a Comment