Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Educational Hour

One reason that I always love build days and contributing to my sweat equity is that participating in housing projects allows me to learn about home repair and home construction.  I feel more and more self-sufficient every time I walk away from a build site because I know that I either learned a new skill or I perfected a previously understood skill.  

Back in March when I was working to build my hours in the construction site in preparation for Bike & Build, I had the good fortune of laying and grouting tile.  Yesterday when I showed up to the St. George Habitat site, the crew needed help grouting tile and I was fortunate to work on that task.  



Additionally, another crew at the same build site once again tried their hands at leveling the yard so that sod could be put down and then they began constructing a sand box for the home owner'a children.  




Finally, I thought you guys might get some entertainment from seeing the mess that is a Bike & Build host site.  


No comments:

Post a Comment