Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's A Desert Out Here!

Have you heard of Georgia O'Keeffe?  Of course you have heard of her.  She is the artist that found her inspiration in desert flowers and yesterday we stayed at her ranch.  






Ghost Ranch is a property of which Georgia O'Keeffe owned a portion.  Located neer Abiquiu Lake in northern New Mexico, the ranch is surrounded my amazing cliff faces and gorgeous views of the valley down to the lake.  









At the ranch, I explored the surrounding area, played with some horses, set up some tents and enjoyed the amazing reality that we are here in New Mexico and we biked here.  



I know I keep mentioning the mountains and the views and our location. I just repeat myself because I am in awe and it is hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that we have climbed 7,500 feet, that we have biked 2,300 miles all the way to New Mexico and that we are seeing such a magnificent region of the country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment