Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Friday, May 23, 2014

Food: The Way To A B&Bers Heart

Yesterday was hot!!!  But thankfully my cycling group skipped the morning heat and was the first group to arrive to lunch at 10:30am.  40 miles in 2.3 hours, not too shabby.  

Our lunch spot was beautiful, shady and breezy, three qualities I have learned to really appreciate on these ride days.  


You can see me sitting down to the left of the green box. 

Some of my teammates got super adventurous over lunch time and went foraging for wild berries.  


The afternoon winds and heat made the remaining 35 miles considerably more challenging but I made the ride in 2 hours, arriving 3rd at 2:15pm.  

Later in the afternoon as we were relaxing, a bunch of my teammates decided to stack their hammocks.  What do you think, does it look like fun? 


Despite the heat and sunburn, the achy muscles and the saddle sores, this experience is unreal.  I am so glad to be participating in Bike & Build and I can't wait for tomorrow's build day in Tallahassee.  


No comments:

Post a Comment