Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Monday, April 7, 2014

Food, Friends, Brownies and Bikes!

Lots of updates because the last two weeks have been a little hectic and I have fallen off of my regular blog updates. 


Restaurant X Benefit Night 

First, a huge thanks to Restaurant X of Davidson, NC and owners Chris and Christine Phillips.  We had a lovely benefit night and lots of patrons were able to enjoy their evening out on the porch with a nice breeze to accompany the scrumptious food.  Thanks to everyone that came out and supported my ride and this wonderful establishment.  A special congratulations to Connie and Edwin Saint Sing who won the raffle for a $30 gift certificate to Restaurant X.  







Blue Harbor Bank "Brownies for Biking" 

Second, gratitude is owed to the wonderful employees of Blue Harbor Bank in Mooresville who generously held a two day fundraising event they nicknamed "Brownies for Biking".  Their kindness and dedication to my ride for affordable housing astounds me.  






Personal News

Finally, this past week my Giant bike arrived.  With the gorgeous weather of this past weekend, I was able to log 45 miles on the new bike and am steadily tweaking different measurements and geometries so that by the time I arrive in Jacksonville, my bike fits me like a mold.  

If you are so inclined, feel free to take a look at the bike's specs.  For those of you that are more visually inclined, here is a picture :) 




I am working on naming the bike and have a couple ideas of my own but please comment if you have any thoughts.  


Thanks so much for your patience with the delay in my posting and as always, I encourage you to donate to my ride across the Souther US for affordable housing.  I am within $1000 of my $4500 goal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment