Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Energize & Philosophize

As I get more and more excited for the wonderful summer that awaits and all the amazing ways my 33 fellow riders and I will be able to have a meaningful impact on the lives of the less fortunate, I grow equally excited for the biking aspect of my ride for affordable housing.  Here is a humorous and worthwhile list of 40 of the Best Biking Quotes of All-Time


Top three favorites:
  1. "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury 
  2. "Every time I see an adult on a bicycle I no longer despair for the future of the human race." ~ H.G. Wells 
  3. "A mountain bike is like your buddy.  A road bike is your love." ~ Sean Coffey 
List of honorable mentions: 
  • "When my legs hurt, I say: "Shut up legs!  Do what I tell you to do!"" ~ Jens Voigt 
  • "Bicycles are almost as good as guitars for meeting girls." ~ Bob Weir, Grateful Dead
  • "The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world." ~ Susan B. Anthony
  • "Never use your face as a brake pad." ~ Jake Watson 
  • "A bicycle ride is a flight from sadness." ~ James E. Starrs 
  • "It never gets easier, you just go faster." ~ Greg LeMond 

No comments:

Post a Comment