Bike and Build

Bike and Build
Southern United States

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Article and My Accompanying Thank You's

A lot has been happening on the fundraising and outreach side of my Bike & Build efforts, not the least of which is an article with the Charlotte Observer published.  The online link is: 



While this article does a wonderful job of hitting on several of the central tenants of my ride this summer to raise awareness about the need for more affordable housing in the United States, I wish there were a more public and substantial way for me to recognize all of the people that have donated to my Bike & Build mission.  

However, there are several businesses I would like to recognize and while their names might not have made it into the article, all of these establishments/organizations absolutely deserve credit for the role they have volunteered to play in the fight for affordable housing: 
  • A special thanks to Blue Harbor Bank and their representative, Cliff Hunnicutt, who has opened unimaginable doors for me regarding spreading my message
  • Much appreciation goes out to the Top Of The Lake Rotary Club for inviting me to speak with them about my cause 
  • Recognition is extended to Wherena Marina of Lake Norman and Barry Stevens, a gentleman always excited to share his wisdom and lend a helping hand 
  • Exciting future plans are being coordinated with Restaurant X of Davidson, NC to host a benefit night on April 3rd.  During the evening, a portion of the restaurant's proceeds will go toward making a difference in the affordable housing outlook

Again, I wish I had a way of demonstrating to the huge audience that the Charlotte Observer captures just how deeply I appreciate all the individuals and businesses that are helping to make my journey with Bike & Build a possibility.  These businesses in particular have demonstrated a valuable and paramount dedication to the Lake Norman community and also the larger community of people trying to make more affordable housing more readily available. 

Thank you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment